Web Dynpro is a standard SAP UI technology that allows you to develop web applications using graphical tools and development environment integrated with ABAP workbench. Using graphical tools reduces the implementation effort and you can better reuse and maintain components in ABAP workbench.
To access Web Dynpro runtime environment and graphical tools in ABAP workbench, you can use Transaction code − SE80
Key Benefits of Using Web Dynpro
Following are the key benefits of using Web Dynpro for developers in ABAP environment −
- You can easily maintain and reuse the components for development.
- Less implementation time with the use of graphical tools.
- You can easily change the layout and navigation using graphical tools.
- Easy structure changes.
- With the use of data binding, you can use automatic data transport.
- Ease of integration in ABAP environment.
Web Dynpro ABAP is the same as Web Dynpro Java and supports the same set of functions for the application development.