Components of MooTools
MooTools includes a number of components. The following are the different component categories −
- Core − A collection of utility functions that all the other components require.
- More − An official collection of add-ons that extend the core and provide enhanced functionality.
- Class − The base library for class object instantiation.
- Element − Contains a large number of enhancements and compatibility standardization to the HTML Element Object.
- FX − An Advanced effects-API that helps to animate page elements.
- Request − Includes XHR interface, Cookie JSON, and HTML retrieval-specific tools for developers to exploit.
- Window − Provides a cross-browser interface to client-specific information, such as the dimensions of the window.
MooTools – Advantages
- MooTools is an extensive and modular framework that allows developers to create their own customized combination of components.
- MooTools follows object-oriented paradigm and the DRY principle (Don’t Repeat Yourself).
- MooTools provides advanced component effects, with optimized transitions. It is mostly used for flash developers.
- MooTools provides different enhancements to the DOM. This helps the developers to add, modify, select, and delete DOM elements. And, it also supports storing and retrieving element storage.