Some of its salient features are as follows −
- In-built responsive designing.
- Standard CSS with minimal footprint.
- New versions of common user interface controls such as buttons, checkboxes, and text fields adapted to follow Material Design concepts.
- Enhanced and specialized features such as cards, tabs, navigation bars, toasts, and so on.
- Cross-browser, and can be used to create reusable web components.
Materialize has in-built responsive designing so that the website created using Materialize will redesign itself as per the device size. Materialize classes are created in such a way that the website can fit any screen size.
The websites created using Materialize are fully compatible with PC, tablets, and mobile devices.
Materialize is by design very minimal and flat. It is designed considering the fact that it is much easier to add new CSS rules than to overwrite the existing CSS rules. It supports shadows and bold colors. The colors and shades remain uniform across various platforms and devices.
And most important of all, it is absolutely free to use.