The best definition of the framework can be found in Aurelia official docs −
Aurelia – Features
- Web Standards − This is one of the cleanest modern frameworks, completely focused on web standards without unnecessary abstractions.
- Extensible − The framework offers an easy way to integrate with the other needed tools.
- Commercial Support − Aurelia offers commercial and enterprise support. It is an official product of Durandal Inc.
- License − Aurelia is open sourced and licensed under MIT license.
Aurelia – Advantages
- Aurelia is very clean. If you follow the frameworks conventions, you can focus on your app without the framework getting in your way.
- It is also easily extensible. You can add or remove any tools that the framework offers and you can also add any other tools that aren’t part of the framework.
- Aurelia is very easy to work with. It is directed towards developers’ experience. It saves you lots of time.
- The framework itself is directed towards web standards so you will always stay up to date with modern concepts.
- Aurelia doesn’t have the largest community out there, but it is very agile, knowledgeable and willing to help within short notice.
- There are no major limitations. The Framework is powerful and easy to work with.